I’m not constant in my writing. Some ideas come, some ideas go, some get written, some get lost.
For the end of 2017 I deleted a backlog of drafts that were half written. Some of them were actually quite nice but unfinished. The problem being that I may have lost the content that was discussed in those posts, or just forgot what I was writing about. It’s not a new year’s thing, but let’s start clean here 😀
When I was ready to press the button I felt sad for those posts, so here’s a list of the posts lost in battle.
- Arduino Clock Time Reading. (The arduino clock posts)
- Arduino Clock Display usage. (more arduino clock posts)
- littlebits.cc (I never got around to even touch those, but looked awesome)
- A serial terminal with python and custom commands. (Used as a complement on embedded projects at IDNEO)
- DynamoDB Django Python middleware. (What a combo! but actually I’m using this daily :-p even if I barely remember what I did there)
- Static websites with Hugo. (Liked the idea, stayed in wordpress so far. With my combo of wordpress + it’s all text + gvim.. sadly It’s all text does not work anymore)
- Python and Pyinstaller. (It was mostly finished, but it seemed too shallow)
- Some book reviews (Never was too fond of them anyway)
- A small map I made after a short hike.
- A small classification of Barcelona neighbourhoods according to rent price and buildings age (Yes, I did that when hunting for a new apartment)
- A small labyrinth game in Game Boy assembler.
Nevertheless, 2017 has been a good year for me personally. Changed from an Embedded job too far away from home (1.5h commute by train) to an Embedded Linux job too close (5min walk), been very involved in a personal project and enjoyed my free time playing drums and kayaking 😀 .
Blogwise it is the first year that I ALMOST accomplished the one post per month mark! (sorry, summer is summer)… I am not a journalist and this blog is not my priority so it is surprising that I’ve found the time to keep it updated and half interesting. This year we had:
- Europe DBpedia map (an update of an old map)
- The Dbpedia live website map (I’ll keep it for a while, but since it costs me a little to maintain it will probably die),
- The excel to CSV (oh, I remember that nightmare),
- My new laptop (Not my best decision of 2017. I think that DELL was the way to go),
- Some vector graphics thingy with Inkscape (I’m a man of multiple faces),
- An example of using WMS in google earth
- Then the summer appeared, and I spent it kayaking around.
- A small set of git configuration
- The Tenma DC power supply controller via serial interface
- The Tenma DC power supply controller indicator
And the “previously” page got updated with a bunch of games and books that I liked this year. I played more than what I’ve read….. this is something to think about.
I never talk about the site stats. It is a small place after all. Nevertheless, this blog has maintained something like 1000 visits per month. That feels like a lot to me, so thanks to everyone who read my stuff and got something useful from it 😀
It has been a long way since I started in 2012, from a 25 year old guy that was bored during a master degree and wanted to improve his English writing skills, to a slightly older guy (you do the math) that is doing something completely different but enjoying it.
That’s it, no more retrospectives, 2017 has ended and we are still alive, let’s go to 2018.
PD: I have nothing written yet for 2018, I’m going to lose my monthly post combo 😛